doodling frames using dies...

Hello my fabulous friends!

Today I'm continuing my guest designing over at Polkadoodles! I love Polkadoodles stamps, so I'm excited for this opportunity! For those not familiar with Polkadoodles, they are a UK based company with a large line of digital stamps and papers. They also have clear stamps and dies. So much fun stuff! Make sure you take a look! Also, check out the Facebook group where you can find lots of inspiration, and share your own Polkadoodles projects!

Ok... back to business...

Today starts a new Polkadoodles challenge!
You can find all the details, and enter on the BLOG

The theme I was given for today is Lots of flowers!

Here's my take:

Paper: Georgia Pacific
Stamps: Polkadoodles digi Big Bunch
Ink: Copics (skin) E30, E31, E33, RV42 (hair) E53, E57, E47, E49 (pants) B99, B97, B95, B93 (shoes) W6, W4, W2, W0 (shirt) W4, W2, W0, (flowers) YG67, YG25, YG11, R43, RV14, R35, R37, BG0000, BG000, W4, W2, W0 (bow) Y11, Y13, Y15, Y38, BV20 (ground) C5, C3, C0 (frame) R35, 100, multiliner; Uniball Signo White, Distress Paint Black Soot
Dies: Spellbinders Labels 18
Other: ribbon, rhinestones, clasp


This sweet stamp reminds me of the night I got asked out to prom... My dear friend left a dozen long stem red roses on my doorstep along with a can of soup (because I had been sick) and a note asking me to the dance... It was so sweet... I dried the roses and kept them for years. It's amazing how much something as simple as flowers can mean to someone!

Anyway....

For the background of this card, I wanted to keep things simple, so I used a splatter brush to splatter some Black Soot Distress Paint onto the cardstock, then ran my 100 Copic marker around the edges for a super thin black border.


To set the image apart, I wanted to frame her..
TIP: The easiest way to do this if you aren't comfortable free handing something is to trace a die... I simply die cut as normal, but left the paper in the die and traced the inside edge with my multiliner.

From there I doodled in black and pink squares... Nothing hard or complicated, but it really helps the image stand out!

Now it's your turn! Share your creations with us on the Polkadoodles Blog!

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Comments