I {heart} school

Today was a rather productive day. 'bout time I had one of these...
I finished the two page spread that I have been meaning to do for my niece since before Christmas. Her parents told me the cutest story about her and wanted me to include it in the scrapbook I do for her. I didn't have any specific picture to go with the story, so I went through some that I had on my computer from around that time and went with that.
this project included lots of different products:
Paper: K & Company, Bazzil, plain white cardstock
Inks: shabby shutters, vintage photo, walnut stain, and aged mahogany distress inks; vintage wine, english rose, and ivy green Designer Inks; cranberry Adirondack; and jet black archival ink
Pens: plum Marvy marker, and tuxedo black Mark-it
Stamps: "From the Garden" by Fancy Pants, "Flourishes V2" from Autumn Leaves, and an alphabet from Stampendous
Storybook Cricut cartridge
Quickutz "damask" and cookie cutter "Flowers"
Swiss Dots embossing folder from Provo Craft
"perfect pearl" Perfect Pearls by Ranger, white denim fabric, and "skittles"
For the flowers , I cut out two sizes of the Quickutz flowers from patterned paper. I then sprayed them with water and crumpled each into little balls. I opened them up and let them dry. I then gently brushed an ink pad over the top to help pick up all the little creases and texture. I finished them off by spraying them with a mix of perfect pearls and water to give them a subtle shimmer.

I started my fabric tag by fraying the edges *ok, so I SHOULD have started with sewing the tag, but I was feeling lazy and didn't think I would actually get out my machine....* I then stamped my letters. I stamped my heart onto a scrap of white cardstock and cut it out. I didn't have the right size brackets, so I hand cut some out of craft foam and made my own stamp. I attached the heart with foam squares to give it some pop. This is the point that I decided I shouldn't be lazy and I ran the tag through my sewing machine.... *I really should just decide not to be lazy in the first place, huh* I dusted the edges with my ink pad to help it stand out against the light background and to help tie in the color scheme.
I decided that the center of the flowers needed a little pop to them as well, so I stuck a handful of clear "skittles" in a plastic zip bag along with a couple drops on alcohol ink. *using alcohol inks is a newer thing for me, but I love how I can change the color of most anything to match my project.... so much fun!*
I must say I find it rather frustrating when I am on a roll with a project, and I run out of something I need.... Yup, that's what happened today. =(
I ran out of glue dots. So, in the middle of all my creative making, I had to stop to make more glue dots. After half of the flat surfaces of my room had been covered with freezer paper squares of drying glue dots, I was finally able to get back to the fun stuff.
*I shouldn't run out of glue dots for a while* =)