Monday, February 15, 2010


Welcome everyone! I figured it was about time for me to start getting serious about blogging and actually post stuff.... ummm... Gee, now what do I say? Does anyone else feel like they are talking to themselves when they blog? Oh well.. talking to myself is nothing new to me. :)

So, fabulous news... I got accepted onto a design team! YAY! I will be creating projects for Creative Inspirations Paint. I am so excited! I can't wait to actually get the stuff and start playing... I mean working on new projects. ;)

Until such times as my package comes *please be soon, please be soon* I will share other stuff..
Like this card. I made this card the other day while experimenting with watercolor techniques with different types of inks...
sorry I don't have picts of the different stages... didn't know I would be blogging it... *note to self: take more pictures!*

I started out by folding a sheet of acetate in half with a bone folder. I then ran it though my cuttlebug using the largest flower from Quickutz Cookie Cutter flowers (make sure to leave a little bit of the die hanging over the edge of the fold so you end up with a card)

I then cut out 4 of the medium flower from the same set. (3 out of white cardstock, and one out of watercolor paper)

I stamped the background image on the back of the card using pink Staz-on ink and Hero Arts "Flower Tree" stamp. I also dragged the edge of the card over the ink pad to give it a little definition.

On the watercolor paper flower, I stamped a cute little porcupine from Clear Dollar Stamps "Cute Critters" stamp set. *isn't he sweet?* I then began my watercoloring.

For this card, I used Designer Inks from Printworks. I smeared several colors on to a non-stick craft sheet and used a water brush to mix colors and paint in my little friend. By layering and mixing colors, I was able to add some depth.

I stamped my message along with other designs on the remaining 3 flowers.

I added a little color around the edges with Distress Ink and a blender. I also doodled dots with a marker.

To put it all together, I put double sided tape on the back of all my flowers. I decided where I wanted my front flower to go and stuck it on. I then opened the card and stuck another flower right behind it to cover up the adhesive. I repeated the process on the other side of the inside of the card, and again on the back to cover adhesive. If they are stacked carefully, you will only see the front one when the card is closed... But, if you want to get creative, you could stager them slightly so you could see the inside one from the outside....

To finish it off, I figured it needed some bling... rhinestones to the rescue!

Have a fabulous day, and get creative!

No comments: