simple elegance

Hey everyone!
Has it really been almost a week since my last post? Sorry! Things have gotten kinda stressful around here... But I'm here now, eating a bowl of watermelon, and typing away... Life is good.

I just got the new Cindyloo cart for the Cricut.... oh, I love it! So, of course, I had to break it in... =)

Paper: Bazzill, All My Memories, white cardstock
Ink: Distress, VersaMark
Stamps: 3 Bugs in a Rug "Flower Patch"
CI paint: Mellow Yellow, Fairy Dust, Autumn Wheat, Tutu Pink
Other: Doodlebug glitter, Fiskars Edgers, Perfect Pearls, button, ribbon

Each of the layers of this flower were cut from plain white cardstock. I then covered them in distress ink directly from the pad. These colors are so gorgeous, and they all go together so well! This however, just didn't quite look how I wanted, so I blinged it up a bit... Creative Inspirations Paint was applied to the layers, and chunky glitter adds dimension and texture.

"thanks" was stamped with just plain VersaMark. I then brushed some Perfect Pearls over it. The shimmery dust only sticks to the wet ink. Moisture is all you need to set the powder, so no additional work was needed... Love how simple Perfect Pearls are to use!

I used the edgers to give a nice scalloped edge to the dark paper. I then tied a ribbon (that had been painted with Tutu Pink CI paint) through a button for a nice finishing touch.

I love the simplicity of this card, yet the elegance it gains from the shimmer.

'Til next time, have a fabulous day!

Comments

  1. Beautiful card! The colors are just great, very vibrant and I love the flower! tfs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL! Great choice of colors, love pretty flower!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment