Saturday, October 30, 2010

working the clay....

Hey everyone!
I'm sitting on my back porch right now enjoying the day. It is starting to look like fall around my house... Leaves on the ground, a slight nip in the wind.... oh, it is beautiful!
Since it is Saturday once again (I can't believe how quickly the week seems to fly by me), I have another project that I shared over at the Creative Inspirations blog... This week I taught about working with clay, stamps, and (of course) the CI paints. Check it out here!

Here is my project
Paper: White Cardstock, Watercolor paper
Stamps: Artful Inkables "A Bird's Song", Fancy Pants "In My Words"
Ink: Archival, Distress
CI paint: Antique Silver, Coal, Silver Frost, Denium
Other: ribbon, clay, rhinestones

This faux metal frame was made by stamping clay with a Fancy Pant's stamp. When it was dry, I painted it with Antique Silver, Coal, and Silver Frost. Using the three shades of Silver gives it an antiqued look, and really adds to the metallic effect.

I stamped the bird onto watercolor paper with Archival ink. I like to use Archival ink when I am watercoloring because it won't bleed. *Nothing is worse than having the perfect image stamped on your project, and the ink bleeding when you start coloring. Grrr!*
I painted the bird using Distress inks. These inks are SO much fun to paint with. Just wipe your pad on a non porous surface to get a little ink. Then use some water and a paintbrush, and you are on your way. It doesn't even take much talent to get a beautiful image! (which is probably good since I have yet to really master the art of coloring with markers..... maybe I should take the Copic class....)

Once again, white ribbon painted to mach the card. This time using Denium. *I love painting ribbons... however you can also use dye inks... I was playing around with that at 1 am (don't ask) and got some pretty cool tie dye effects... but I digress.... *
The leaves were also stamped with Archival ink and colored with Distress ink. I added a few rhinestones in there just for a little pop of dimension and sparkle.
Well, I'm off to enjoy this beautiful day!
Have a fabulous weekend! (and a safe Halloween for those celebrating it)
~Kassi

No comments: