oh fudge!

Have you ever had "one of those days"?  Well, I've been having one of those WEEKS... I picked up a cold from somewhere, and between sinus headaches, tension headaches, migraines, and my stupid "head-against-metal-chair-ache",  trying to get ready for the holidays, and preparing a lesson that I had to teach Sunday... Yeah... things like my blog kinda got put on the back burner.

But I'm feeling better, and I have a challenge project to share!

This week's challenge over at Creative Inspirations Paint blog is "Inspired by: Holiday Cooking" 

Every year for as long as I can remember, my dad has made Christmas Fudge.  All us kids would help dump in chocolate chips, scoop in marshmallow cream, brake up chocolate bars, and of course, like the bowl clean after. =)
As this is such a holiday tradition, I found it natural to choose this recipe for my inspiration. 
Paper: Bazzill, white cardstock
Stamps: Inkadinkado "Beauty Stems From Here"
Ink: Colorbox Chalk, Memento, VersaMark, Distress, Alcohol ink
Creative Inspirations Paint: Chocolate, Fairydust
Other: embossing powder, ribbon, pearls, glossy accents

The brown is for the chocolate, and the cream is for the marshmallow... I also used chalk inks, for their smooth creamy texture. LOL!
 I colored the ribbon with Distress ink, then gave it a nice coat of Fairydust CI paint to add some festive shimmer.

Notice the creamy texture of the chalk inks! Yum!
Also, because of the opaque nature of chalk inks, they work well on both light and dark paper.  Fun stuff!

So, there is my fudge inspired project... Makes me want to go eat some.. no, MUST wait til Christmas, MUST wait til Christmas.... Must wait... must... umm.... Gotta go!
~Kassi

Comments

  1. Kassi,
    What a great card and such a great memory to go with it.
    Thanks for sharing
    Glad to hear you are feeling better
    Hugs
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment