crafting up a storm...

I've been sitting inside today listening to the rain fall.  I love the rain. I love falling asleep to the sound of the water hitting the roof, and watching it fall from the skies. So amazing!  
LOL... radio just said to put new batteries in our flashlights in case power goes out... so much fun. =)

With all the rain, I've had a lot of time to spend in my new studio. I'm loving it!  

 Paper: Fancy Pants, Coredinations
Ink: Distress ink (Fired Brick, Barn Door), All Purpose Ink (Sky Blue), Smooch Spritz (Vanilla Shimmer), Alcohol ink (Meadow)
Cricut: Cindyloo, Plantin Schoolbook
Other: ribbon, acrylic paint, Tim Holtz Adornments, Prima flower, pearls, jump rings, brad, Perfect Pearls

I died the ribbon with Fired Brick and Barn Door distress ink... this is very messy... even when dry, it can transfer ink, so be careful!  For the flower, I mixed some All Purpose ink with acrylic paint and brushed it over the raised areas. I then covered it in a heavy coat of Smooch Spritz.  I used the same tinted paint to cover the metal bird. Before it had time to dry, I wiped off a lot of the paint to highlight the details.  Because of the jump rings, the bird swings freely from the brad. 

Honestly, these aren't the colors I usually gravitate to, but it is sometimes fun to challenge yourself to break from your norm. 

off to enjoy the storm. Stay safe and dry everyone!
~Kassi

Comments