lucky day...

Well, I feel like I am back in UT. We have gotten a fair amount of snow yesterday and today. I had to shovel out a path for my little dogs this morning... Whoever told me that this part of WA doesn't get enough snow to have to shovel... ummm...

anyway, I've been keeping nice and warm inside and getting some crafting done. Guess I can't complain too much. =)

Now that I'm farther from family, I have to think about holidays a little earlier than I used to. I decide to start working on St. Patty's day.  My niece has had a hard time with us moving so far, so I thought this would be a great time to send a little card and gift.
 Paper: white cardstock, crepe paper
Ink: Archival (Jet Black)
Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps "Thumbkins"
Creative Inspirations paint: Spring green
Embossing Folder: Provo Craft "Polka Dots"
Other: ribbon, toule, fabric, brad

The ruffle is made from crepe paper that has been painted with CI paint. (I'll be doing a step by step tutorial on Saturday over at the CI blog on crepe paper ruffles, so check it out!)


The flower is actually a hair clip I made for my niece. I just clipped it onto the ribbon. It is a great way to give a small gift like a hair clip as part of the card. 

I painted the toule with the same Spring Green CI paint as the crepe paper. I know it is really bright (lots brighter than I usually do!), but I thought she would like it. =)

Have a fabulous day everyone! Stay safe and warm. 
~Kassi

Comments