masculine...

Have you guys been following Tim Holtz 12 tags? If not, check it out on his blog.  Its like taking 12 workshops from him for free!  

Anyway, one of his tags (day 9) inspired this project.  The whole thing is loaded with embossing powder!

 I've known for a long time that my card stash is sadly lacking in the masculine area.   So, Tim inspired me to use this double embossed texture for a masculine card.  You may recognize that balloon stamp as the one I showcased last week... I promise I'm not trying to over do the balloons, it just fit so well with the compass. =)

 The balloon is mounted on chipboard, and some of the clouds are glued on with foam dots for dimension.  For a fun touch, I attached the needle of the compass with a smashed brad so it spins.  I made the needle out of grunge paper to so it can withstand people (ok, mostly me...) playing with it. 

The texture is made by first stamping the images with distress ink on white cardstock. I then covered them with clear embossing powder. After heat embossing, I applied a nice layer of distress ink over the whole piece. I covered this with clear embossing powder too, but instead of just gently shaking the extra powder off, I flicked a bunch off.  After heating it, I rubbed Walnut Stain distress ink into the texture. Tim does a great job describing it here

This card is totally grungy, and I had a ton of fun making it!

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies Used
Paper: White cardstock, Watercolor paper, Chipboard, Grunge Paper
Ink: VersaMark, StazOn (Jet Black), Archival Ink (Jet Black), Distress Ink (Stormy Sky, Pumice Stone, Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge, Antique Linen)
Stamps: Tattered Angels "Tattered Compass", Inspired by Stamping "The Sky's the Limit", Basic Grey "Swirlie"
Other: Perfect Pearls, embossing powder, canvas, rivit, brads

Comments

  1. Wow! This card is just amazing! I love all the details and your technique is just amazing! Great job! I just had to showcase this on the blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment