cards galore...

I didn't get any projects posted last week...Sorry about that. I was busy making cards. 

I was asked to make birthday cards for all the primary aged children in my ward. I was told to keep it simple, but I think my definition of simple is slightly different than theirs....

I had fun though!

 I ended up making about 40 cards. It sounds daunting, but I set up an assembly line and it went surprisingly fast. 


 I stamped the swirls with white acrylic paint, then brushed on some paint around the edges. I then used the Distress Stains to quickly cover the whole front. Simple! 

The inside images came from a couple different Penny Black sets. I love them!  I did really quick and simple coloring using watercolor crayons. That to went a lot faster than I thought it would. 

You can't see it in the photos, but there is a piece of acetate sandwiched in between the colored layer and the white card. I think it gives it a more polished look. To finish them off, I used some circle dies to make frames for the inside and outside of the window to give it a finished look and a pop of color. 

I had fun making these, but I'm glad they are done! Now I've got other projects calling my name. =)

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies Used
Paper: DCWV, white cardstock, mixed media paper
Stamp: Penny Black "Toadily" & "Make a Wish", Fancy Pants "Pollen Dust"
Ink: Archival (Jet Black), Distress Stain (Dusty Concord, Wild Honey, Peeled Paint, Victorian Velvet, Stormy Sky)
Dies: Quickutz "Nesting Circles"
Other: acrylic paint, watercolor crayons

Comments