frosted roses...

Hello my fabulous friends!

So guess what is happening in a few days.....

My sister is getting MARRIED!!!!! Yay!

I wanted to make a special card for her using her wedding colors... 

Cobalt and Silver...

When I saw what Altenew's challenge for this month was, I knew that it was the PERFECT place to start! I loved the blues and greens in the photo!




I started out by building a cluster of roses with a little masking and  Altenew's Vintage Roses.
 I totally LOVE this set! It takes a little extra time, but is SO worth the effort! 
 I used my MISTI because it makes lining up layered stamps SOOOOOO much easier for me! It also make it easy to double stamp if I miss a spot.

Blues (light to dark): Altenew: Persian Blue, Hampton Arts: Royal Blue, Altenew: Sapphire, Altenew: Jet Black
Greens (light to dark): Altenew: Frayed Leaf, Altenew: Forest Glades, Altenew: Evergreen

The other day I was cleaning up in my studio and I came across this roll of Frosted Film... I haven't used it in ages and I wanted to see how it looks over the stamped roses... 

Turns out, it's gorgeous! 


Simply cut a piece a little larger than your image, remove the release paper and smooth it over you image.. Super simple!


The result is a slightly textured, shimmery image. BEAUTIFUL!


Then, little fussy cutting... 

There are some coordinating dies for this set, but since I built my own cluster, dies won't help me much. I don't mind a little fussy cutting though. It really didn't take too long, and the frosted film actually made it easier because I could easily bend the thin stems out of the way without worrying about it ripping.



And here's the final project.

I die cut some mirror  card stock for the scribbled heart and to go behind the scrolled bottom edge of the card. The rose cluster was glued on with some foam tape for a little extra dimension. Then some sequins for a little extra pop.

I thought the scribbled heart and the edge of the card matched nicely with the mosaic look of the challenge picture. I love challenges that inspire me so much!


It's hard to photograph the subtle shimmer on the roses, but it is SO soft and pretty! And the best part... NO MESS! (Don't get me wrong, I love my glitter... but it does tend to be a bit messy.)

Well, I'm off to make some posters... 

Have a wonderful day!

Enjoy!
~Kassi




Comments