polka dots and birthday cards...

Hello my fabulous friends!

This week's weather has been beautiful, and calling out for a little exploring...

This beautiful spot was found when my friend and I decided to walk a dirt road we had never explored before... The road was short and ended in a little camp spot above the river... When we followed the steep dirt trial (complete with an old rope) down to the river, we found this....  
  

After spending time at the river, I was ready to spend time working on next year's birthday cards...

Ink: Distress Ink Salty Ocean, Memento Tuxedo Black, Chameleon Pens, Chameleon Color Tops
Stamps: My Favorite Things "Up in the Air"
Dies: My Favorite Things "Up in the Air"

People may think I'm slightly crazy, but when you need to have 110 birthday cards & gifts, and 75 Christmas cards & gifts done for church by mid December, you gotta start thinking about it early.... 

I needed to keep the design fairly simple (since I have to make so many) but I also wanted it to be fun, after all, this is for the kids!

The background was done by blending Salty Ocean Distress ink over the edges of the card. These adorable images are from My Favorite Things "Up in the Air"...  They are colored in using Chameleon Pens and Chameleon Color Tops.

The Chameleon Pens and Tops let me get the beautiful color changes on the balloon, and the highlights and shadows on the elephant quickly and easily. While I know the coloring is fairly basic, I have to make a ton of these, so simple is my friend!

To add a little more interest, I decided to make the flags polka-dotted...


I started out by coloring in eery other flag with Lavender... Nothing fancy, just filling in the flags with color...
Then I colored the remaining flags with Turquoise... again, nothing fancy, just solid color

Here comes the magic... Using the bullet tip of the Colorless Blender, I just dotted the flags... This lightened the color in those dots creating fun polka dots in no time at all! 

Now that I have my prototype done, I only need to make about 109 more... LOL!

Guess I better get busy!

Enjoy!
~Kassi





Comments