therapeutic coloring watercolor flowers

Hello my fabulous friends!

Today I have a super quick post...  

I don't have process photos... this was just an exercise in art therapy.  This past weekend was pretty stressful. My mom is in the hospital, and had to have a major surgery... She is doing good, but I've been a bit of a wreck! So I spent time with my stamps and markers to help calm my soul. Art really is very therapeutic! 

Paper: Strathmore Bristol, DCWV Holiday Glitz
Ink: VersaMark; VersaFine Onyx Black; Sharpie Pen; Chameleon Olive Green (OL3); Zig Clean Color Bright Yellow (052), Carmine Red (022), Light Carmine (021), Pale Pink (028), Light Gray (091), Gray Brown (094), Mid Green (046), Olive Green (043), Mid Brown (065)
Other: Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequins, clear embossing powder

While I know the colors aren't exactly the same as the colors in the Altenew challenge, that really was my jumping off point... I just ended up adding in some yellow to my corals and pinks. A few months ago, I was over at my parents' house and noticed some flowers on the table... My dad had brought home a bouquet of flowers for my mom.... in it, there were roses that were a mix of coral and yellow. They were so pretty! Looking at the Altenew inspiration picture, I couldn't help but remember those roses in my mom's kitchen. 


Well, I'm off to organize my studio... or color... you know, whichever. :)

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Comments

  1. Love the colours that you used, the flowers are coloured to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those are gorgeous! Really love your water colouring, it is therapeutic isn't it. Hope your mum's feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is truly stunning. beautifully coloured.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment