fall flowers with LDRS Creative...

Hello my fabulous friends!

Guess what today is???

My FIRST official post on the LDRS Creative blog! 
(you can check it out HERE)

Paper: LDRS Creative Splendid Azure; Georgia Pacific
Stamps: LDRS Creative Eleganza, Just Because
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Uniball Signo White gel pen; Copic Y18, YR16, YR18, BV000, E37, E18, E19, YG95, YG97, YG99
Dies: LDRS Creative Eleganza, Majestic Rectangle Labels
Other: Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequins


To create the window, I die cut through the front of the card. This is such a fun shaped die for doing windows! I also saved the inside parts of the die cut. The sentient was stamped through the window onto the inside of the card so it can be seen when the card is open and closed. I glued the little inside parts of the die cut onto the inside of the card so you get the whole shape of the die even though it's a window. I then decorated the window with the adorable Eleganza flowers. (aren't they fun?!!)

Quick tip: For a little extra texture I added some white gel pen dots to the centers of my flowers... However I didn't want them to look too harsh.. You can see the top flower, all of the white dots are dots, and really stand out... if that's the look you want, GREAT!!! I wanted something softer. So... while the  little dots were still wet, I touched them with my thumb... This smudges them, softens them, and helps them to blend into the image instead of sitting on top of the image. You can see in the bottom flower that the dots tend to blend in, while still adding that little bit of highlight and texture. This is a great way to stretch your supplies and get more than one look with the same stuff!

*Be sure to check out my post on the LDRS Creative Blog for a quick tip on how to tone back colors with Copic markers!

I'm curious, what is your favorite finishing detail for your projects?

Have a wonderful day!

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Comments