when the power goes out...

Hello my fabulous friends!

Fall has officially hit my house! The colors of the leaves are STUNNING! 


The rain and wind... have also been impressive. 

Actually, wind and rain are typical for autumn here on the western side of Washington... but after the dry summer, the rain is quite a change. 

With the coming of shorter, wetter days,  comes more time in the studio. 

Sometimes in the dark....

The power went out and I still needed to work... so a battery light hung from a tripod with binder clips it is! LOL!
Paper: Georgia Pacific; Paper Studio Glam Glitter
Stamps: LDRS Creative/Polkadoodles Gingerbread Love
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Uniball Signo; Distress Ink Salty Ocean; Gellyroll Clear Star; Copic RV63,V05, RV66, RV69, YG23, YG25, YG17, G29, W0, W1, W3, W5, N4, N6, N9, N10, E00, E21, R21, V20, BV000, E55, E57, E29, V22, E35, E39, E43, E44, E49, BG0000, BG000, B00, 0, multiliner
Dies: LDRS Creative Snowy Day

While this is set of stamps is geared towards Christmas, I wanted a winter 'thank you' card, so I chose some fun colors that didn't exactly scream Christmas... If you filled the background with fall trees, you could just as easily have a fall card!

I love sets that are good for more than one specific holiday! 

I used the Snowy Day border die to create a mask for my background. The sky is Distress ink, and while it's hard to see in the picture, I used my Gellyroll Clear Star pen to add sparkle along the top edge of the snow and in her shadow.

Well, I need to get back to work...

Have a wonderful weekend!

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Comments