playing with textures...

Hello my fabulous friends!

It's my turn again to post on the LDRS Creative blog, and I wanted to see what I could do with mixing various textures (while still keeping things simple and elegant)...

Paper: Polkadoodles Winter Land; Georgia Pacific; Paper Studio Glitter Glam
Ink: Copic RV99; Adirondack Alcohol ink Currant
Other: twine; angelina fibers Gold Iris


Using texture creates visual intrest... I love this glitter paper because it has the shimmer of fine glitter without any of the mess! It also adds a nice textural contrast to the smooth card stock. Mixing in some twine adds another level of contrast... a little more towards the earthy/natural side. 

I wanted my twine to match my papers, so I dyed it using a little alcohol ink... 



I knew I wanted to pop up my blue panel with some foam, but it just felt like it needed a little something extra... So I added a bit more texture and sparkle with some Angelina Fibers.

These beautiful metallic threads are like a super fine tinsel... You can do all sorts of things with them from fiber arts to fusing them into fabric to making fishing lures.. and SO much more!

I like to use them to add some elegant sparkle that isn't the typical glitter or sequins.

Because I knew I wanted it poking out from behind my panel, adhering it was simple. I just used some double sided tape and pressed the fibers on. I then glued the panel over top to hide the messy part. 

I love these fibers!

So... What fun textures do you like to use in your projects? What unexpected things do you use that you don't really see others using? Let me know in the comments!

Enjoy!
~Kassi


Comments