DIYwobble springs

Hello my fabulous friends! And happy New Year's Eve!

Today I got to team up with the talented Raluca on the LDRS Creative blog

My project was inspired by the movies I watched as a kid where the fairies were in charge of changing the seasons... I loved watching them fly over a field sprinkling their magic fairy dust and leaving a wake of flowers where there once was ice and snow. Now that Christmas is over, I'm ready for the fairies to come melt the snow and bring the flowers!

Paper: TLC Inspired Soft Blush; Georgia Pacific
Stamps: Polkadoodles Winnie Fairy Sparkle, Eleganza
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Unibal Signo White; Gellyroll Clear Star;  Copic B0000, B000, B52, YG63, YG61, G40, G85, E000, E11, BV00, RV42, C4, E49, E47, E35, E33, E04, E31, Y26, Y28, BV0000, BV000, V25, V28, 0, multiliner
Dies: Polkadoodles Eleganza
Other: wire

Isn't this little fairy Winnie adorable?!? And the flower.... I LOVE the Eleganza set!

The background was done very simply with Copics... For the ground I just did a bunch of dots with various colors of brown. For the grass, I used long flicking motions (starting at the ground with the thickest part of the flick and lifting upwards). In keeping with the doodle style, I added a simple doodle border. I love doing those. They don't have to be complicated, or perfect... Simple and quirky works great!

Another fun thing about the Eleganza set is that it has matching dies... So it was super simple to cut out the flower and add it to a wobble spring for some fun movement!

Now, you can buy remade wobble springs... but I never have... I make my own.

Here's how I do it:

Start by wrapping thin wire around a pen... For this, I used a Sharpie marker.
 (this is 22 ga. for beading since that is what I had laying around)
You'll want three or so coils. Then snip the ends with wire cutters and slip your spring off your pen.

Once you have your spring made, you'll need a base... You can die cut if you want, I just hand cut two circles out of card stock that are slightly larger than your spring diameter.

Glue your spring between the two circles. I use a little hot glue for this.

You can then glue your wobble spring onto your die cut and your card. 

Simple, right?

Disclaimer: Because I've never used a remade wobble spring, I don't know how mine compares... But this works for me. 

Well, I hope you enjoy your day... and that the new year brings you joy, peace, and lots of creativity!

Enjoy!
~Kassi



Comments