two playful penguins...

Hello my fabulous friends!!!

It's my day to share a project on the LDRS Creative blog and talk about it here too...


Paper: Georgia Pacific
Ink: Distress Mermaid Lagoon; Memento Tuxedo Black; Copic W3, W2, W0, 100, 0, YR18, R24, R29, R89, Y19, YR24, BOO, BG000
Dies: LDRS Creative Snowy Days
Other: Ranger Glossy Accents; Tim Holtz Frosted Film; twine; rhinestones

The second day of Christmas is traditionally 2 turtle doves... but I thought 2 playful penguins would be fun!
 The cute penguins are colored very simply without much fuss. To give them that little something extra, I added a dot of Glossy Accents on the eyes. 

The poinsettia garland was made by stamping the poinsettia from the Holly Days Large Circle Sentiments stamp set, coloring them, and cutting them out. I then glued them to a piece of twine. The ends of the twine were tucked behind the penguins' wings, and I glued some tiny bows on top of the wings... A little rhinestone in the centers of each of the flowers finishes them off. 

The blue in the background is Distress Ink... You could just use a blue paper... but I like the slightly uneven ink blended look for the sky. 

For both the hill and the snowflakes, I wanted something with a little shimmer... So I got out some Frosted Film...  This product has been discontinued, but you can still find it around... and you may already have it laying around in your stash like I did...

I peeled it off the backing sheet and stuck the film onto some plain white card stock. I then ran it through my Big Shot. 

I'll be honest... The details really didn't want to cut well... The plastic film wanted to stretch instead of cut.. but a little magic with a craft knife on the stubborn spots and it's good to go. It's hard to photograph the shimmer because it's subtle.. But I like that about it. It isn't overboard on the glitz... just a nice extra touch you see when you pull the card out of the envelope. 

Another nice thing about the film is that you can color it with your Copic markers. While there is a texture to it, it isn't as rough as glitter, and I haven't had any problems with it hurting my marker nibs.

I hope your weekend is bright and cheerful!

Enjoy!
~Kassi




Comments