friends let love grow...

Hello my fabulous friends!!!

This is actually my second post today... If you are here for the Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights challenge, scroll down to find that post...

Today is my day to share with you some LDRS Creative inspiration!

Paper: Georgia Pacific; Polkadoodles Lovely Lilacs
Stamps: Cre8tive Cre8tions Let Love Grow
Ink: Memento Espresso Truffle; Copic E33, E35, V17, R14, E04, BV11, BV00, BV0000, V28, C5, C3, C00, C10, C8, C2 100, YG67, YG63, YG61, RV0000, RV000, RV10, E37, E15, YR12, multiliner; Smooch Ink Snickerdoodle

For a good portion of my childhood, I lived across the street from one of my best friends... We spent countless hours together! We even tried to string a cup-and-string phone from her bedroom window to mine... It didn't end up working, but it was a fun afternoon! 

Anyway, her family was Polynesian, and whenever there was a talent show or a cultural night, my friend and her family would do traditional Polynesian dances... I LOVED watching them! The rhythms, movements, and costumes held me mesmerized! And the stories that their dances tell..... 

My friend also has a huge heart, and is one of the strongest, most understanding and compassionate people that I am lucky enough to know. I am so blessed that to this day, I can still call her my friend. 

When I saw this stamp for the first time, I thought of my friend... With her long curly black hair piled up on her head and a flower tucked behind her ear... I knew I wanted to color this image to look like her!

I used Copics for most of the coloring, but I also added some metallic gold ink to accent the necklace, headband, and the tips of the feathers.

I stamped the cluster of roses several times and fussy cut them out. I also fussy cut some extra leaves to fill in the gaps.  The top cluster of roses is popped up on some foam to give it more dimension.

The card itself is cut using the new Build a Card Heart Felt die. This set includes a die for the card base, card front, and a bunch of decorative dies like these arrow hearts.  I wanted more layers to the card than just the card base and card front, so I die cut the card front from several papers, then used the Sleigh Ride border die to cut off portions that I could layer onto the card.

To finish it all off, I painted the hearts with the same metallic ink I used on the girl. 

The "Let Love Grow" stamp set and "Build a Card Heart Felt" dies will be in the LDRS Creative store in March, so be sure to keep an eye out for them!

Have a wonderful day!

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Comments