diggin' in the stash...

To be completely honest, as much as I love ink, I don't use pigment ink for stamping very much... I usually use dye or solvent inks. So, I dug out some old (ok, very old) pigment inks to play with for a challenge. So, this is just a quickie I started last night and finished up this morning...
Paper: Bazzill, white card
Stamps: Inkadinkado "Beauty Stems From Here", Fancy Pants "Delight"
Ink: Distress ink, VersaMark, Colorbox Chalk ink, Powder Puff
Other: glitter, ribbon, embossing powder, rhinestones

After embossing the flower, I added a little bit of color with Distress ink, and a couple colors of glitter to the center.
Rhinestones... what can I say, I love them. =)

Notice the stamping on the black paper. That is what I was playing with... Because pigment ink is opaque, it shows up well on dark paper. (It probably would have worked better if the ink wasn't so old...)
Anyway, nothing fancy, but it was a good reminder of how fun pigment inks can be.... It can be easy to get stuck in a rut and use the same things over and over... That's why I like to challenge myself to use different techniques/products every once in a while.

So go dig out something you haven't used in a while, and rediscover why you once loved it. =)

~Kassi

Comments