roses are red...

Hey everyone! 
I'm currently on a mad dash to get my Christmas card requests done, and  haven't been taking the time to photograph each one when I finish... I'll get to that before I send them off though =)

AND... I am happy to say that my brand new Cricut Expression is sitting happily in my studio. *sigh*  My old one was getting very finicky, and was suffering from a slow and painful death, so I knew it was time to replace it.  My first cut on the new machine was amazing! I had forgotten what it was like to not have to force feed the paper in. LOL!

Anyway, I wanted to jump on today and share the card I made for the current challenge over at the CI blog.  The theme for this week is mythology.  I LOVE mythology! I love the different stories from the different cultures!  And I had a very hard time choosing which myth to let inspire me... I finally went with one of the first myths I remember learning (and knowing it was mythology).... The story of Demeter and Persephone and how the seasons came to be... It is a story about Hades snatching Persephone and keeping her in the underworld to be his queen... while she was gone, her mother morned her loss and stopped the earth from growing (winter)... when she finally got her daughter back, she made the flowers grow again (spring)... 
Paper: white cardstock
Stamps: Fancy Pants "Delight", Kaisercraft "Grunge", Inkadinkado "Letter", Prima "Music"
Cricut: Create a Critter, Cindyloo
Ink: Distress, Archival, Memento, VersaMark, Alcohol ink
Creative Inspirations Paint: Rose Quartz
Other: ribbon, embossing powder, stamen, Diamond Dust

For the base of the card, I used white cardstock. The brown side is just covered in Distress ink, then stamped over. I heat embossed the other side with white embossing powder, and then covered in Distress ink. This gives a very stark resist.
The ribbon was painted with Rose Quartz, then stamped with Archival ink

The flower is made up of 15 individual petals I designed using Cindyloo and my Gypsy. They are all inked and stamped, then I added glue to the edges and dipped them in colored Diamond Dust.  The whole thing is then glued together and stamens inserted in the center.

Diamond Dust is a glitter made of tiny flakes of glass...To color the Diamond Dust, I simply put some in a small plastic bag, add a drop or two of Alcohol ink, and shake.  I then dump them out onto paper to dry.  

 The leaf is from Create  a Critter. It has been stamped, inked, scrunched, then partially coved in colored Diamond Dust.

I'm hoping that once things settle back down here at my house, I will get back in the habit of sharing more of what I'm doing on my blog.... Just gotta get through the next couple of months, and I might be able to slow down enough to take a breath... Or, maybe not... LOL!

Ok.... Guess I better get back to work...  I'll try to get pictures taken of the Christmas cards I've been working on to share with you.
Have a fabulous day!
~Kassi

Comments

  1. Kassi,
    These are great. Congrats on your expression too.
    Thanks for sharing
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment