authentic energy

Hello all!!!! I have been busy putting the finishing touches on a project (that I'm not going to show yet.... but it will come!). In the mean time... here is a page I did for my nephew *ain't he sweet?*
Paper: My Mind's Eye, Bazzill, acetate
Stamps: Fancy Pants "Fresh Mod" and "In My Words"
Autumn Leaves "Swirls" *this was used as a template*
Ink: Powder Puff, Alcohol Ink, Memento
Cricut: Graphically Speaking
Other: Fiskar edger, gem stones, Mark-it pen

Some details.....
*don't get overwhelmed- I am planing on getting these into my B2B tutorials*

Using acetate and my cricut, I made a temporary mask/stencil and using a blending tool and distress ink, inked the "Authentic" part of the title.. This makes it look like it was printed on the page. You can make this as dark or as light as you want, as well as using however many colors you want. Notice how the pattern of the paper shows through while the letters are still easily readable? luv it!
I also cut out "energy" with my cricut out of acetate. This I inked with alcohol ink and gold mixative. This is a fun and simple way to get a "ghost" image and add some "wow factor" to your page. This is also a great way to "go green". Many scrapbook products come in clam shells, or have pieces of acetate in them... repurpose! YAY!
These gems were clear, but I colored them with alcohol ink to match my project. (love altering to match!!!) I then stamped the swirl onto a scrap piece of paper and figured out my gem placement. I carefully removed the gems and poked holes where every gem went. Then I laid my "template" over my project, marked each hole with pencil. When the "template" is removed you can simply glue the gems in place.... *not as hard as it sounds, promise.*

make a pledge to craft green here. after all, it's Earth day!
see sparkly goodness here.
see cute baby kitties here.

Have a fabulous day everyone! I'm off to work some more in my studio!

Comments