catch them leaves...

Well, Autumn has hit my house.... Leaves are dropping of the trees in heaps! We can't keep up with the crunch bits of color.

And in honor of this, I have a fall card to share with you. I decided not to dress it up to frilly so it can be used as a masculine card.
Paper: Coredinations, watercolor paper, white cardstock
Ink: Distress ink, Memento, Powder puff, VersaMark
Stamps: Inkadinkado "Letter", "Fall squares"
Creative Inspirations Paint: Cunshine
Other: Provo Craft "Divine Swirls" embossing folder, Embossing powder, waxy flax

I colored the cardstock yellow with distress ink. I then embossed the leaves with clear embossing powder. After that, I applied a thick layer of brown ink over the whole thing. The clear embossing powder acts a a resist and the light color pops.

I then mixed water into a puddle of Sunshine CI paint and flicked it over the piece. This gives it a random flash of shimmer.
I ran the blue paper through my Cuddlebug to emboss the swirls. I sanded the top of it to bring out the soft inner color.

A little edge inkin' and layering, and this card is done.

This card is not only season appropriate, but it fits the requirements for the CI challenge of the week... You can check it out here.

I really need to get some scrapbooking done... but, first I think I need to make Christmas cards.... Guess I better get back to work... LOL!
Have a wonderful day!!

Comments

  1. Such a cool project Kassi - love the combo of embossing, texture and inks! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment