pink polka dots...

Hello everyone!
I've decided to take a short break from holiday projects to share an any-day card. (Don't worry, more holiday projects are sure to show up here soon.)
Paper: Bazzill, watercolor paper, acetate, white cardstock
Stamps: Inkadinkado "Beauty Stems From Here"
Ink: Staz-on, Distress, Memento
Die Cuts: Nestabilities "Label Six"
CI paint: Pink Highlights
Other: Provo Craft "Polka Dots" embossing folder, ribbon
The flowers were watercolored with various shades of Distress ink.

I stamped the dragonfly twice... Once on the card, and once on a scrap of acetate. I painted the back side of the wings with Creative Inspirations Paint Pink Highlights. It is a clear color with a pink shimmer in the right light... So much fun! I then cut out the acetate dragonfly and glued the two dragonflies together. I put glue only body so the wings could move freely...

The ribbon was dyed using Distress reinkers and water in a mini mister. I sprayed the ribbon, and let it dry. I love how well it matches and how smooth the color is. *you can also dye ribbon with the Distress ink pads.. Simply swipe the pad over a non porous surface (like an acrylic block) spritz with water, then drag your ribbon through the puddle of ink. Simple, simple. and a little messy, but that makes it fun. =)*
I sent the pink paper through my Cuttlebug to emboss polka dots... Since Bazzill is not a color core, I used ink to highlight the raised areas. I chose to go with a pink to give it a nice subtle tone on tone look...

Well, that's it for me... off to get more stuff done...
~Kassi

Comments

  1. Kassi,
    This card is so pretty. I love the colors you chose.
    Thanks so much for sharing
    Hugs
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment