polka dots and pumpkins...

Well, the last two days, I have been working my tail off in my studio... So much so, that I had every intension of blogging, but I got so lost in my crafting that I totally forgot! SORRY!!!

This week's challenge over at Creative Inspirations Paint blog is to find inspiration in the Pumpkin Patch... What a fun and fitting challenge for this time of year, yes?
Here is what I made:
Paper: White cardstock
Stamps: Fancy Pants "Doodles and Things", Kaiser Craft "Grid", Inkadinkado "Autumn Foliage", SEI "Mimosa"
Ink: Distress, Archival, VersaMark
CI paint: Mango (love this color!!)
Other: embossing powder, glitter, ribbon

So, how did I incorporate the CI paints into this project? Well, I didn't want to over power the image with bling, so I made a reverse mask out of a scratch paper, so only the inside of the pumpkin was visible. I then stamped a polka dot background with Mango onto the pumpkin. I then used Distress inks to watercolor the image in. This gives more subtle effect, as well as being unexpected.


I painted the flowers in with glue. I then dumped glitter on them. I was going to put rhinstones on the centers, but I got distracted, and then my sister came and took the card... (she likes to use the cards I make, and I like to have them used, so it works out well. LOL)

The ribbon seemed a little stark after how vintage-y the card turned out, so I used Archival ink to stamp a background on the ribbon. This helps tone it down.

Well, there you have it... Now it's your turn. You still have a couple days to get your projects done and linked to the CI site. This is your last chance to get into the October prize drawing, so get pumpkin-pickin'!
~Kassi

Comments

  1. The amount of shimmer on this little card is soo beautiful! Great card!!!=)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment