grunge paper hello...

Happy Monday!
I don't really have much to say, but I knew I needed to get on and post something... I have been finding it hard to post lately... I hoping it is just because of all the stress with the house right now, and that when things calm down I will be more in the mood for spending some much needed time with my personal blog. 

Let's all say a little prayer that there won't be any more delays in paperwork, and that I will be in my new house soon!!!

ANYWAY...
Here is another Cricut project.... I really should use my bug more... I'm hoping that in the new studio there will be some place for it to just be. Right now I have to haul it out, plug it in, unbury mats.... and then reverse the whole process. I think that's why I haven't been using it as much. Right now, it's faster to just stamp something. 
 Paper: My Mind's Eye, Grunge Paper, white cardstock
Ink: Distress ink (Victorian Velvet, Antique Linin, Vintage Photo), Colorbox Pigment (Dusty Plum, Cream White), Colorbox Archival (Frosted Plum)
Stamps: Glitz "Distressing"
Cricut: Wall Decor
Other: ribbon, sewing machine

I used the Gypsy to create a border for my card flap. I then stamped and inked.

 The words are cut out of Grunge Paper... Yes, it goes through the Cricut. I used the regular blade, blade depth 6, pressure max. It worked great. Pigment inks then altered it from brown to polka dotted pink.

The ribbon was colored using the Colorbox Archival ink. That ink takes a long time to dry on the ribbon, so I end up wiping a lot off onto a scratch paper... After the ribbon was tied to the card, I heated it with my heat gun to make the ribbon curl and melt. 
 
I also dug out my sewing machine for this card to add a decorative touch to the patterned paper on the inside of the card. (I was feeling ambitious, wasn't I! LOL!) 

Well, off for family time... have a great evening!
~Kassi

Comments