beach baby...

Not too long ago, I met this adorable baby, and I was blessed with the chance to take lots of photos of him. His mom also agreed to let me do some scrapbook pages with those photos! He is such a cutie, and I adored spending time with him!


 Paper: Me and My Big Ideas, Coredinations, White cardstock, chipboard
Stamps: Inkadinkado "Sketchy Flourishes"
Ink: StazOn (Jet Black, Timber Brown), VersaMark, Distress Ink (Weathered Wood)
Creative Inspirations Paint: Silver Frost, Mocha Latte, Carmel, Tanzanite, Denium
Cricut: Alphalicious, Wall Decor
Other: Gesso, embroidery floss, Distress embossing powder, nail heads, clay, fishnet tights, raphia
For the stitching, I poked 1 hole in each of the inner scallops, then 3 holes on the outside of the scallops. By going across from the inside hole of one scallop to the outside holes on the next scallop over, a beautiful weaved look is achieved. I love it! (although I'll admit, it takes some time to do!)

 Using my Cricut, I cut out a large flourish out of acetate. I used the negative shape to form a stencil for gesso and CI paints. I then put the positive flourish underneath the paper at a slightly different angle and sanded. Because the green paper is Coredinations, it has a beautifully coordinated core that shows up when you sand it. The shape underneath is slightly raised from the table, so you get a kind of ghost image, and lots of distressing!

 The title was cut out of chipboard. I then tapped the letters into VersaMark and embossed with Distress Embossing Powder. It has a fabulous texture that looks and feels like sand. Perfect for this LO!

For even more texture, I cut up some old fishnet tights to look like old fishing nets. 
I made a mold of a real shell, then made a bunch of clay shells to use as accents.  
You can learn how I painted the shells by clicking here.

Well, that's all for me right now... guess I should go feed my dog... 

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Comments

Post a Comment