simply sweet...

 Hey everyone! I finally got a LO done again!  I once again have pictures of some of my favorite kiddos in the world, so I'm excited to get busy!
Paper: Scribble Scrabble, Basic Grey, acetate
Stamps: Fancy Pants "From the Garden"
Ink: StazOn (Jet Black), Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Creative Inspirations Paint: Silver Frost, Rose Quartz
Dies: Cricut "Graphically Speaking", Home Decor
Other: Acrylic paint, Viva Decor Pearl Pen, nail heads, lace, pearl trim

*journaling added after these photos*

 I love using acetate! It is such a fun way to add color, shape, and weight while leaving you in complete control! I die cut the scalloped circle behind the photo, then distressed it by dry brushing some acrylic paint lightly over the back.  I also brushed on a tiny bit of Silver Frost CI paint for a very subtle shine. I stamped the edges with StazOn ink because it is formulated to work on non-porous surfaces. I added some silver nail heads to the center of each stamped flower as well as some lines of dots using a Viva Decor Pearl Pen which makes little half pearls. Beautiful!

I needing some visual weight in the upper left of the LO, so I die cut  several swirls... I played around with color and weight, but I found it all so distracting. I finally settled on acetate again and dry brushing white on the back. It adds the visual weight without pulling focus from the photo.

I love this lace! I found it at a little fabric shop one time... It looks like the old fashioned hand crocheted lace. I really like the texture it added since everything up to this point was so smooth. However, it is very much off white. Because of the starkness of the whites in the photo, the lace looked really bad!  Quick fix was to add some color to it with CI paints. Perfect! 

Wrapping some pearl trim loosely around the lace helped give it a softer edge. 

I love the way this turned out. I was trying to figure out a way to get some frilly flowers and other embellishments on it, but when I stepped back, I found that I like it the way it was, and anything more seemed like too much. I guess some LOs are just meant to be more simplistic.... 

Well, I'm off to enjoy the beautiful weather! 

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Comments