color me distressed...

Hello all my fabulous friends! I'm so glad you stopped by. 

I know I have been a terrible blogger lately, but to tell the truth I have been a terrible crafter lately too. I need to work on finishing projects, not just starting a million of them. LOL!

SO....

for my birthday (way back in April), my parents bought me the new Distress Markers. (they know me so well!!!) Anyway, they ordered them in Feb. and they finally came just a little while ago. CRAZY! 


Now, of course I was totally excited to get my hands inky and try them out! 

 These markers are FABULOUS for coloring directly on stamps! And they have the same properties as the Distress pads... So, if you want to make it look a little aged, flick a little water on the stamped image to create fabulous water spots!

 The markers also have a WONDERFUL fine tip. I can be kinda picky about my pens, but for writing, doodling, and  outlining, the fine tip side of these markers have quickly become my go-to pens. (besides the fact that they come in so many beautiful colors!)

 For the background of this card, I stamped the swirl on a piece of kraft paper with clear embossing ink, and embossed with clear powder. I then mixed some Distress reinker with some acrylic paint and covered the whole kraft paper with it. I then simply used a damp rag to wipe the paint off the embossed swirls. Fabulous resist with a beautiful touch of shabby chic achieved from the painted texture. Love it!

These flowers were mad using the Spellbinders "Rose Creations" die and a great soft textured paper that I had in my stash.. I wish I knew the manufacture, or even the type of paper it is because it is beautiful for flowers!!!  The pearls were colored using alcohol ink. Great way to alter pearls and rhinestones to match your project!

Anyway, check back tomorrow for a fun tutorial using feathers. 

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies Used:
Paper: Mixed Media paper, Kraft, unknown
Ink: Distress Ink (various),VersaMark, Alcohol Ink (Currant), Powder Puff (Amaretto, Mocha Mama)
Stamps: Great Impressions "Simple Elegance", Inspired by Stamping "Butterfly Wings", TPC Studio "Boho Blooms"
Dies: Spellbinders "Rose Creations"
Other: embossing powder, acrylic paint, faux pearls, ribbon

Comments

  1. Oh how pretty!!! Love the great pic tutorials you added! My markers are due to ship- I cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment