a smattering...

Hello all my wonderful friends!

Well, I am putting my finishing touches on my Father's Day gift right now... (ok, so I'm letting glue dry right now, but you get the idea.)


And, I got a package in the mail today... Super excited!


 And, I was going to share this earlier this week, but life happens, and I never quite got it photographed, so I grabbed my camera and got it done today. =)
 A lot more glittery than I usually go for, but it was fun to do. 

To make the focal point, I stuck a piece of red liner tape onto a piece of paper with the frame stamped on it, and ran it through my Big Shot. I then just peeled off the lining and dumped glitter on it. After burnishing (a TON) to make sure there was no loose glitter, I stamped the flower using an ink made for non porous surfaces, and colored it with permanent markers. I sponged on a little CI paint around the edges, and used foam dots to attach it to the front of the card.

My best tip for working with glitter... keep a lint roller handy to quickly clean up all the stray glitter. No matter how hard you try to control the stuff, it ends up everywhere!

Have a wonderful Father's day weekend!

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies Used
Paper: Mixed Media, Bazzill, white cardstock
Ink: Archival Ink (Jet Black), Mark-it (various
Stamps: Penny Black "Touch of Whimsy", Inspired by Stamping "Fancy Labels 18" & "The Sky's the Limit", Great Impressions "Simple Elegance", Inkadinkado "Letter"
Creative Inspirations: Paint (Lavender), Resplendence "Angel Dust"
Dies: Spellbinders "Labels 18"
Other: Acrylic paint, rhinestones

Comments