be enameled...

Hello my wonderfully creative friends!

I am so excited! I am spending this weekend at a scrapbook expo!!! I am hoping to come back to all of you bursting with ideas and techniques to share!  I think it is just the think I need to really jumpstart my creative juices back into superdrive!

 In the meantime... here's a quick way to add some dimension to your chipboard or grungeboard shapes....

Step 1: Cover your shape with a layer of gesso... technically this is not necessary, but it will help the color of the Creative Inspirations paint really pop!

Step 2: Paint your gessoed shape with your favorite color of Creative Inspiration paint. I don't know that I have a favorite since it totally depends on my mood... they are all so pretty! I chose to use Tanzanite for this one though. 

Step 3: Using a permanent water-proof ink (like Staz-On or Archival Ink), stamp an image.  This adds a fun personal design element to your embellie!

Step 4: Cover the entire front with a clear embossing ink.

Step 5: Cover with UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel), and use a heat gun to  melt. 

You can do this same technique with CI's Clear Deliquesce powder, but it will take a lot more layers.  UTEE particles are a lot larger, and thus will create thicker layers faster.


Step 6: While the first layer of UTEE is still hot and liquid, cover it in more UTEE powder and heat.

Step 7: While the second layer of UTEE is still hot and liquid, cover in more UTEE powder and heat.

You should now have a nice thick enamel covering over your chipboard embellie... I love how it really brings out the shimmer in the Creative Inspirations paint.. it almost magnifies it!



Step 8: Now, because you have built up such a nice thick enamel, you can reheat areas and press in other embellies like rhinestones...  super fun way to add extra accents.... you can also suspend CI's Resplendence in the layers of UTEE for a fun glittery look that won't flake off!   It is a fun technique that can be personalized to fit your  personal style and project!

Enjoy!
~Kassi


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment