a fabulous mix...

I've been neglecting my personal blog lately... sorry!

but here I am today with a project and a tutorial!
I put this together last night as a way to keep track of color combinations that I like.
Paper: white cardstock, old book paper, chipboard
Ink: VersaMark, Distress ink, mark it
Stamps: Fancy Pants "Fresh Mod"
CI paint: Fairy Dust
Other: embossing powder, ribbon, button
Binding: Bind-it-All
the ribbon is just a sheer ribbon I had in my stash, and tied through a fun orange button

I love the texture that the embossing powder picks up from the torn paper behind it.

I stamped the swirls using a mixture of "Fairy Dust" Creative Inspiration Paint and "Rusty Hinge" Distress reinker. Click here to go to the tutorial on making stamp pads with CI paint.

So, how did I make Rusty Hinge CI paint? Let me show you...
I started out by putting a small glob of Fairy Dust CI paint on a piece of plastic packaging.
Fairy Dust is a clear shimmer paint, so it won't change the color of the ink.

Then, add a tiny bit of Distress reinker by just tapping the dropper on the plastic. Unless you are making a large batch, you won't need a full drop. Start small and add more if needed.

Using a plastic popsicle stick, stir your pant.

The color is amazing, and the shimmer fantastic!

here you can see how close the colors are to the images stamped with the Distress ink pads. For the rose, I used Victorian Velvet with Fairy Dust. The leaves are Forest Moss and Winter Frost.
Winter Frost is CI's white shimmer paint, so it will lighten your ink color. If you add Coal (CI's black shimmer paint) it will darken your ink. If you want to have lots of fun, try adding ink to any of the colors of CI paint. You can get lots of great variations of colors with a little playing around!

Have a fabulous day!

Comments

  1. love the colors you used here, you're working hard!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job Kassi! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment