Friday, July 29, 2011

piece of cake...

I've wanted to do one of these treat box cakes for quite some time... I've never had the right occasion to make one though. Finally, I decided who needs an occasion for cake? LOL!
Paper: Coredinations, Provo Craft, tissue paper
Cricut: Tags Bags Boxes and More, Preserves
Dies: Quickutz "Cookie Cutter Flowers",  "Nesting Circles", "Demask"
Other: ribbon, stamen

Each wedge of cake is a cake box from TBBM Cricut cartridge. They are designed to be filled with fabulous goodies, but they can also be used as fabulous center pieces.

Each rose was made using 4 paper flowers using the Quickutz flower die. (I use that one a lot!).  A little cutting, rolling, and gluing, and they become beautiful dimensional roses.  The little white flowers were made  from tissue paper using the technique I shared last post.

The best part about this cake?  It is totally calorie and guilt free!
Enjoy!
~Kassi


No comments: