archival chemistry...

Hi everyone! 

I know it's late, but I wanted to share my project inspired by yesterday's chemistry class... 


I had a really hard time with yesterday's class. Not that the techniques were hard, or that I didn't like them, I just had a really hard time making it mine. I made so many different versions trying to work the techniques into my own personal style. I finally got an end result that felt like me. (which is important, because any technique I learn that I can't work into my style just won't get used!)

The center of the card was made on glossy cardstock (something I haven't played around with much but have fallen in love with!!!).  After working the resist magic for the background, I stamped the butterflies with Archival ink both on the glossy paper and on clear craft plastic. When layering them, I only glue down the body so the wings can float. Love doing this! It gives so much dimension while adding no bulk, so the cards fit in envelopes with no problems!

Ok, off to work on my project for today!

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies used:
Paper: Glossy paper, Paper Studio, white cardstock, craft plastic
Ink: VersaMark, Archival (Jet Black), Distress (Dusty Concord, Black Soot)
Stamps: Inkadinkado "Letter", Fancy Pants "From the Garden" & "In my Words", Tim Hotlz "Natures Elements"
Other: faux pearls, acrylic paint

Comments

Post a Comment