Saturday, March 17, 2012

splattered....

Hello all my fabulous friends! 
Today I have another LO to share... This one I was trying to really focus on some of the principles of design, but found it really hampered my creative processes... since I have studied the principles of design, I had to try, right? I guess I'll go back to letting the creative juices take over rather than over thinking it. LOL!

 I started out by spraying ands splattering on Acrylic paint and CI paint. It is a fun way to add a little something "hand made" to patterned paper. (however, I strongly suggest covering anything in a 3 foot area that you don't want splattered... I'm amazed at where I find paint after a project like this. LOL!)

 I cut the title out of chipboard using my Cricut. For the (self) part, I made a mix of Fairy Dust CI paint and Tattered Rose Distress reinker to paint it. After it had dried, I painted on some glue and covered it with glitter. Now I hate the way glitter seems to end up on EVERYTHING when you use it on a page, and eventually you end up with a sheet protector full of glitter instead of a pretty page... To solve this, I cover each glittered letter with Glossy Accents. It give it a beautiful glossy finish while encasing the glitter to ensure it NEVER flakes off! 

lots of die cuts and punches going on for layers... I also used my ancient label maker to create some accent words. Fun stuff!

Have a wonderfully lucky day!

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies Used
Paper: My Minds Eye, K&Co, Coredinations, chipboard, white cardstock
Stamps: Autumn Leaves "Messy Dates", Great Impressions "Simple Elegance"
Ink: Powder Puff (Mocha Mama, Midnight Confessions), StazOn (Cotton White, Jet Black), Archival Ink (Jet Black), MarkIt (Tuxedo Black), Distress (Tattered Rose)
Creative Inspirations: Paint (Burgundy, Fairy Dust, Antique Copper, Coal, Ivory), Metallic Inspirations (Matt Purple), Resplendence (Burgundy, Angel Dust)
Dies: Spellbinders "Labels 18"
Cricut: Serenade, Storybook, Accents Essentials, Lyrical Letters, Calligraphy Collection
Other: Tim Holtz Adornments, Martha Stewart punch, EK Success punch, Glossy Accents, embossing powder, acrylic paint, gesso

1 comment:

Lucia said...

Hi
I've joined ebates as well as you did to receive the free svg files but I never received any reply. According to your post over there, I understand that you've received. Have you really received them? If so, could you please send me the link as the blog owner doesn't reply to my messages?
Many thanks
Lucia