touch of spring...

Seeing as it is now well into March, I am of the opinion that it should no longer be snowing!  Too bad the weather outside doesn't seem to agree. lol!

I guess I shouldn't complain... it gives me a great reason to stay snuggly tucked inside my studio. =)

 Since it sure isn't acting like spring outside, I decide to bring spring inside!  I had tons of fun with this page... 

 This bird was cut out of acetate using my Cricut and Indie Art cart. Instead of cutting out a shadow, I used the negative acetate as a stencil for some paint and stamps. I then colored the acetate with Alcohol ink.  The layered wing piece was also colored with Alcohol ink, but I also sponged on a thin layer of Winter Frost CI paint on the back to give it a lighter color with some shimmer. It's much easier to see IRL as it is a subtle effect, but it is effective!

 I decided I wanted a tall flowery something along the one side of the photo... I considered cutting something out of paper, but the page felt so flat, I wanted a little more dimension. So, I made a flowering branch out of wire and tissue tape. Worked great! (full tutorial on that coming soon!)

The flowers were made out of tissue paper and cut with the "Rose Creations" Spellbinders die. (love this die!!!). After layering and gluing, I misted them with water and swirled them in some distress ink. This left the edges dark, and wicked the color in for a beautiful soft look! I then misted them with a mixture of water and Pink Highlights CI paint. In the right light, it has just a hint of pink sparkle. Lovely!

Sigh... ok, it's now raining. I can accept rain. =) 
Off to get creative!

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies Used:
Paper: K&Co, glossy paper, tissue paper, acetate
Stamps: Fancy Pants "In My Words", Glitz "Distressing", Clear Art Stamps "Frame It"
Ink: Archival (Coffee), MarkIt (Tuxedo Black), Alcohol ink (Latte), StazOn (Timber Brown), Distress (Victorian Velvet Tattered Rose, Vintage Photo)
Creative Inspirations Paint: Winter Frost, Chocolate, Pink Highlights
Cricut: Wall Decor, Indie Art
Dies: Spellbinders "Rose Creations" & "Labels 18"
Other: Tim Holtz tissue tape, Glossy Accents, Tiny Attacher, acrylic paint, embossing powder, ribbon

Comments