three times the charm...

Hello my wonderful friends!  

I've got a secret.... 

Ok, so it isn't a really secret anymore, just really, really, REALLY exciting news!

Creative Inspirations Paint is turning 3!!!!

Yes, I know, we all want to sing, but hang onto your paint brushes... theres more!

We are celebrating with a  SALE!!!!


Fabulous, huh!

There will also be a BLOG HOP this weekend, so make sure you stay tuned for some fabulous inspiration!

In the mean time, I thought I would share a slightly different way to use CI paints....

I've shared lots of cards, LOs, and mixed media techniques on this blog, but I decided to use it in a slightly more traditional way. *gasp*

I actually PAINTED a picture. 

I started with a pencil sketch on watercolor paper based on a photo I took years ago.  I then used a fountain pen and India ink.  (yup, I said fountain pen.... love how they write!) One of the things I loved about the photo was that it was right at the beginning of fall, so the leaves were right in the middle of changing colors. 

By using plenty of water, the colors really blended and ran together smoothly. And the shimmer really sets this apart from a traditional watercolor. So much fun!

Don't forget to stock up on the paints while they are on sale!


Enjoy!
~Kassi


Comments