outside the comfort zone...

Hello my fabulous friends!

Time for another ScrapbookUSA post:

 When I first looked at the DCWV Dark Romance stack, I was really.... well, unsure what to do with it. 

Some of the designs I completely loved right away.... Like some of the butterflies. Nice neutral tones. A design I was comfortable working with... But one thing I have learned, is that challenging myself is the best way to not only grow, but discover amazing things!

For example... This purple paper on my card...
In a 12x12, it is a very intense purple with large floral tone-on-tone designs that I like, but the color intensity was so overwhelming, and not one I typically use.. However, the more I looked at it, the more I liked it... the more I liked it, the more I knew I wanted to use it! So I ditched the project I was doing that was in my comfort zone (working with the brown butterfly paper) and used the purple paper that I had originally found intimidating. 

 The image was stamped with Archival ink onto watercolor paper, than colored with Distress Markers. That is my current favorite way of coloring stamped images. :)

Some ribbon and a scattering of Prima flowers finish it off. I will often do some sort of stamping on the edges of the background papers, but the tone-on-tone swirls were all it needed. I love the elegance of the paper! 

Moral: Give yourself a chance to try things outside your comfort zone.  Yes, I  DO like this stack! I'm excited to use more of the pages in future projects!

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies Used
Paper: DCWV-Dark Romance, watercolor paper
Ink: Archival ink, Distress Markers
Stamps: Sarah Kay "Rose's Garden"
Dies: Spellbinders "Labels 18"
Other: Prima flowers, ribbon, nail heads

Comments