grab a carrot and join in...

Hello my fabulous friends!

Today I'm continuing my guest designing over at Polkadoodles! I love Polkadoodles stamps, so I'm excited for this opportunity! For those not familiar with Polkadoodles, they are a UK based company with a large line of digital stamps and papers. They also have clear stamps and dies. So much fun stuff! Make sure you take a look! Also, check out the Facebook group where you can find lots of inspiration, and share your own Polkadoodles projects!

Ok... back to business...

Today starts a new Polkadoodles challenge!
You can find all the details, and enter on the BLOG

The theme I was given for today is EASTER!

Paper: Georgia Pacific; Recollections glitter paper
Stamps: Polkadoodles digi This Is No Time To Diet!
Ink: Copic (skin) E000, V20, E21, R20 (hair) YR20, E99, E19, E29 (dress) G0000, BG11, B52 (shoes) Y000, Y02, Y06, Y26, C8, C6, C4 (flowers) C3, C2 (carrot) YR00, YR14, YR27, YG11, YG25, YG67 (ground) W4, W2, W0 (background paper) Y02, BG13, multiliner; Uniball Signo White
Dies: Spellbinders Belly Band One
Other: ribbon, rhinestones

 Isn't she adorable?!?!  

I'll be completely honest, I had no intentions of making Easter cards this year. Things have been too crazy to have time to go shopping for the traditional Easter outfits for the littles in the family, and so I wasn't going to make cards... However, when I saw this super sweet carrot toting girl, I kinda fell in love.  She is so sweet and could be used for so many different occasions!   

She actually reminds me of myself... When I was little, my mom had a vegetable garden... One of my FAVORITE things to do was go out to the garden each morning, pull a carrot, have my mom wash it for me, then I would carry the carrot around and munch on it for hours (they were big carrots, and I was young)..

Anyway...

The frame around her was hand doodled, with a few rhinestones for a bit of pop... 

The plaid background paper was made using one of my newest additions to my studio.... My Copic Airbrush! I didn't get pictures of the processes because I was just playing around with stencils and the  airbrush to see what effect it would give, and I ended up liking my experiment, so I used it on my card.  Basically, to get the two colors, I airbrushed the BG13 through my stencil, then shifted the stencil over slightly and airbrushed some Y02... Really simple!

Are you making Easter cards/ gifts/ decorations this year??? If so, what are you making? I need to get back into celebrating the holidays... even if there aren't nieces and nephews nearby to spoil...

Be sure to join link up your entries for this week on the BLOG!

Enjoy!
~Kassi



Comments

Post a Comment