Wednesday, March 10, 2010

clearly fixed

So, today I thought I would share with you something I have learned. Now, maybe it is just me, but some of my well loved clear stamps that have narrow pieces, have ripped. At first this was completely frustrating, but I decided to experiment and came up with a quick fix.

Here you see the stamp that has been loved to pieces... *heeheehee*

I like to use Duo Embellishing Adhesive by USArtQuest because it can be used on most any surface, and it seems to work well with the acrylic stamps. You don't need a lot of glue. You don't want it squishing out over the edges when you put your pieces together. Also, avoid getting too close to the top edge (the one you stamp with) so you don't get a ridge of glue on your stamp surface.
Carefully match up the top edge of your stamp so they fit together seamlessly. Allow to dry completely. If you have been careful in your gluing and reassembling, you should now get a perfect image when stamping.
There you have it. A saved stamp. *Yay!!* I hope someone has found this helpful. Have a fabulous day and get creative!

No comments: