productivity, paint, and project...

Today has been highly productive. *YAY* My headache has taken a day off...*YAY* I got weeds pulled, the house vacuumed, and lots of cutting done... *my arm is killing me from spending the last 4 hours cutting scraps into usable sizes.* I wish I could say that I got something crafty accomplished today, but it just didn't happen. *I had too much fun playing=)*

A couple of days ago, I received a package in the mail... It was a box of cute little jars of Inspirations Paint. As I have joined the first DT for this product, I was sent a sample to play with.... Man, am I addicted!!! They are in these cute little jars, and although they don't have a lot of paint in them, a little goes such a long way that it doesn't matter. They are packed with color and shimmer. I have spent so much time in my scraproom playing with these paints... I have no projects yet to show for it though, because I get so caught up in playing and trying new things that I have lots of started projects, yet nothing done..... Um... maybe that should be my goal for tomorrow....
So far, I have played with these paints on cardstock, with water, on ribbon, on acetate, on glass.... I have heard that others on the DT have mixed the paints with water in a mister and have had great results.... I am still learning how to get the best results with different techniques... More to come on all that later, so keep watching.
I thought that I should post a project so you don't all think that I never get anything done.... So, here is a very simple gift box.

I was trying to branch out, and use a more simplistic approach then I have used with my projects in a long time... there was no inking, no stamping, no fancy embellishments... But I like it anyway... sometimes doing something different is good for the creative juices...

The papers used were Bazzill and Crate Paper
The flower is from Petaloo
a few brads, a little ribbon, and some pearl accent things that I was given when my mom was going through old stuff....

The instructions that I used for this project are well done and can be found here.

Ok, off to bed.... Maybe I'll finish something tomorrow to share with you all....
Have a fabulous night...

Comments