party time

Hello again everyone!!!
My sunny spring blew away today. The air is filled with the dust the winds are kickin' up, and I am hoping we will get some rain (though the weather guys say snow...) to help clear up the air. In the mean time, cloudy days are perfect for cranking up the music and getting crafty. =)

This is a layout I made for my nephew's b-day (who if you can't tell by the picture, turned 3). *man, am I behind.... this picture is old... Sorry Mr. D.*
*sorry, no photo with the pages side by side... Man, I am sick of having things packed up! Can't wait to be able to set up for real again...*
Paper: cheap cardstock, coredinations, and My Minds Eye
Stamps: Fancy Pants "Fresh Mod", Scrappy Cat "Sparkle"
Ink: Memento, Distress Ink, Powder Puffs, VersaMark
Die cuts: Cricut "Paper Doll Dress Ups", Spellbinders "Label 6"
Creative Inspirations Paint: Chocolate, Buttercup, Evergreen, Turquoise
Embossing Powders: Clear
other: Fiskar border punch & edger, brads, buttons, foam, Prisma pencils, waxy floss, Doodlebug glitter, Mark-it pen

The patterned paper was cut free hand using edgers and following the lines of the paper.
I inked and stamped along the edges because I felt it gave it a more finished look, and I love the extra detail!
In the lower left corner, I used clear embossing powder before inking to form this fabulous resist look... Lots of fun things you can do with that.
All of the dinos were cut out from PDDU than painted with CI paints. I also ran an ink pad around the edges and did some doodle like stamps on them to add interest. I love how I can add ink over the top of the paint and the shimmer still shows through. I am not always the best at planning what I am doing ahead of time, and just kinda keep playing until I like the look. Being able to add things later is a HUGE help for me. =)


His mom saved the candles from his cake just for the SB page. *don't I have her trained well? hehehehe. I am the scrapbooker for my brother's kids. When I first started, I had to beg for stories and such, now I get texts and phone calls to tell me the things the kids do so that it can go in the scrapbook. I even get photos from time to time of moments where they HAD to take a picture before they could do anything else. I love it!!! * ANYWAY, I didn't want wax to have the chance to ruin the photos, so I put them into a small zip bag then decorated it with coordinating paper.


The brads were just colored brads that I dipped in glue than in glitter. This is an easy way to jazz up boring brads and ad a little more zip to the card or page.
My dog is being annoying, which must mean it is bed time...
Have a fabulous night!

Comments