bling grows on trees...

Well, I suppose the sunshine and good weather had to come to an end at some point... after all, as my niece reminded me, I live near a rain forest now. Yup, the rains have returned and the forecast says it will be here for a while.  Oh well, it is good crafting weather. =)

Onto today's project...
 Paper: Copic Stamping Paper, white cardstock
Stamps: Artful Inkables "Family Tree", Glitz "Distressing", Hampton Arts "Artsy Edges"
Ink: Colorbox Archival (Khaki Green), Colorbox Chalk Ink (Prussian Blue, Chestnut Roan)
Other: Spellbinder "Label 6", Gesso, rhinestones

 The background was stamped using light colors, but I felt it was too busy and the focal image and saying kinda got lost. Instead of junking it and starting over, I brushed a thin layer of Gesso over the background.  It still was too busy for the saying, so I added a couple more layers in just that area. It worked out well... The background was toned down enough that it wasn't distracting, yet it still had visual interest.

What can I say about the tree... I really felt like bling when I was making this.. LOL! 

Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful day!
~Kassi

Comments