it's all in the journey...

I was RAKed a chipboard mini album a while ago... I never got around to doing anything with it because I didn't know what to do... I decided it was high time I did SOMETHING with it. LOL!  So here is the cover to my mini album.. I don't have any  particular plans with this book, I am just letting myself have fun and do whatever feels right for each page. I guess you could say that this is a journey, and I'm not sure where I'll end up... but I'm going to enjoy it anyway!

Here is the cover:
Mini Album page: Colorbok
Stamps: Hero Arts "Antique Engravings"; Fancy Pants "Doodles and Things", "Pollen Dust"
Ink: Stazon (Jet Black), Memento (Tuxedo Black), VersaMark
Creative Inspirations Paint: Light Purple, Royal Purple, Tickled Pink, Turquoise, Sky Blue
Other: Gesso, modeling paste, acetate, glitter, UTEE, brads, feathers, rhinestones, Viva Decor pearl pen, canvas

The back ground was done by applying a thin layer of modeling paste to the chipboard. while it was still wet, I stamped it, and pressed a few random "found" objects into it for texture. After it dried I painted the whole thing with Light Purple CI paint. I then highlighted the texture by applying a little bit of Royal Purple CI ink using my finger.

The butterflies were stamped onto acetate with Stazon ink. I then cut them out. I stacked two on top of each other adding glue only on the body. This allows the wings to move and adds a great dimension to the piece. Some glitter and rhinestones finish them.


"dream" was stamped using CI paint directly onto canvas. I love the extra texture this gives.  The color and shimmer of the paint show up fabulously on the canvas!

The flowers were done using the faux plastic technique shown here.  Tucked in behind are some floofy feathers.  I love the added movement and softness they add. What can I say.... I like feathers. =)

I'm still working on the rest of the pages, so stay tuned!

Have a wonderful day!
~Kassi

Comments

  1. That's beautiful! Can't wait to see what else you do with this book!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment