snail mail...

Hey everyone! Sorry  I've been gone so long.. I've had to deal with some major personal and family stresses that have left me little quality time in my studio... However, things are looking up in all areas, so I'm planning on spending a lot of time creating!

Here is a fun little card to celebrate spring and getting back into my studio!

Paper: Die Cuts With a View, white cardstock, crepe paper
Stamps: Fancy Pants "On a Whimsey", Clear Dollar Stamps "Thumbkin"
Ink: Colorbox Chalk (Yellow Citrus), Archival Ink (Jet Black), Mark-it
Creative Inspirations Paint: Citrus, Sunshine, Turquoise, Sapphire, Blush
Dies: Quickutz "Nesting Circles"
Other: Modeling Paste, Enamel Accents (Ranger), Pearl Pen (Viva Decor), unknown stencil

The snail was made by using modeling paste with a stencil I've had for years. When it was dry, I painted it with the CI paints. They work fabulously hon the modeling paste, and add so much shimmer to the texture! To help define the snail a little more, I went around the edges with a black marker.  For even more dimension, I used Ranger's Enamel Accents in black for the eye, and Viva Decor Pearl Pen to add polka dots on the shell... 

The Pearl Pen is a new addition to my studio. I'm not really sure how I feel about it yet... I'm not getting the results I had envisioned with it, but I fully admit that it may be due to user error. I'm going to keep playing with it, and get back to you with my results.

The ruffle is another crepe paper ruffle... I am enjoying these right now. =)
I painted the crepe paper with Turquoise CI paint to match the snail. I then decided that I wanted a thinner ruffle, so I cut the crepe paper in half length wise. I then ran it through my sewing machine on a basting stitch, and gathered it up...I love the added dimension, and that it still fits well in an envelope. 

Have a wonderful spring weekend!
~Kassi

Comments