Happy Labor day everyone!
I'm happy to say that I was allowed back in my studio today (I got kicked out while the stairs were being refinished), so I was able to finish this LO that I was hoping to have had done and posted last Saturday... Well, the best laid plans, right?
Paper: My Mind's Eye, Coredinations
Ink: StazOn (Jet Black, Cotton White), VersaMark
Stamps: Sassafras "Collage Trim", Inkadinkado "Sketchy Flourishes", Tim Holtz "Natures Elements", Hampton Arts "Artsy Edges", Fancy Pants "In My Words"
Creative Inspirations Paint: Antique Silver, Coal, Lavender
Metallic Inspirations: Matt Purple
Other: American Craft "Fashion Accents 2" stickers, rhinestones, Glossy Accents, Crackle Accents, Enamel Accents, Embossing Powder, Perfect Pearls, Chipboard Letters, Gesso, Doodlebug glitter
I stamped the edges of the smaller photos with StazOn ink, then filled in the stamped areas with Glossy Accents. It gives it a slightly discolored look and almost reminds me of tissue tape... except tissue tape isn't shiny. It's a fun way to add a border to photos.
Another custom made rhinestone design based on an Inkadinkado flourish stamp. Note: vinyl and photos don't mix well... When I was transfering the rhinestone design, the vinyl stuck to part of the photo.. it left a sticky residue behind. GRRR... Well, having no desire to start over, I decide to cover the sticky area with Perfect Pearls. It ended up looking really neat... So, it wasn't a mistake, it was an opportunity for creativity. LOL
This bird is actually made with embossing powder... Yup, you read that right. I made a mold of one of Tim Holtz Adornments and then filled it with melted embossing powder. After it had cooled, I un-molded it and had a fabulous enamel bird. I wanted to add color, so I painted on a layer of Gesso. Once the Gesso was dried, I painted a layer of Lavender CI paint. I then rubbed a little Coal CI paint over it to highlight the texture. Even with the layer of gesso, the paint was easy to scratch off, so after scraping off a little for a distressed effect, I sealed the paint with a decoupage glue.
On a side note... I came across a new site, Sweet Magnolia Rose Honey Bee Corner, that is looking for DT members for their classes & kits... These are seriously cute kits!!! Since they are looking for writers, and I love to write tutorials, I have decided that I'm going to apply for the position. wish me luck!!!