waiting game...

Well, I currently have 3 projects in the "wait until it dries" phase.. Man it's hard to wait when I just want to finish it up! *Sigh*

I figured I could share a project here to help me pass the time. =)


Yup, another Halloween card. What I'm going to do with all these Halloween cards, I have no idea, but I'm having fun. LOL

The base of the card is Kraft paper. I then heat embossed the image with clear embossing ink. After that, I sprayed on a very diluted white acrylic paint. Before it dried completely, I wiped most of the paint off the embossed areas. This gave a really nice aged look.  I was going for simplistic color scheme, so I chose to add only a little orange and green to the pumpkins to make them pop, and leave the rest in shades of brown and white. The corners were stamped and cut out of another piece of Kraft paper and adhered using foam squares. It gave a little added dimension to an otherwise flat card. (yes, I like dimension and texture.... even on my simple cards. *grin*)

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Paper: Kraft 
Ink: VersaMark, Distress Ink (Walnut Stain)
Stamps: Stampendous "Pumpkin Fence", Clear Art Stamps "Halloween Fun"
Creative Inspirations Paint: Mango, Evergreen
Other: acrylic paint

Comments