hope...

Hey everyone!

It's been a while since I've participated in a challenge, but I really need a break from what I've been working on. Working on a challenge was a great way to force myself to focus on something different. 

I made this card for the Sweet Magnolia Honey Bee Corner card challenge (yes, long name, but fun anyway.. check it out!)
This month's challenge is Breast Cancer Awareness/Cards 4 the Cure.  It is a topic that has touched many lives!

I used the Bubblewrap Painting technique with acrylic paint as my main color and Silver Frost Creative Inspirations Paint for the accent dots. 

*quick side note: I seem to have developed the annoying quirk of always typing "inspiration" wrong. You would think that with how many times I type that word, it would be second nature. According to spell check, it is second nature for me to mistype that word. LOL!*

Ok... back to the card.
 This beautiful butterfly is made from a coffee filter. It has such an soft light texture! I colored the coffee filter by spraying on some distress inks mixed with water, then adding a light coat of Perfect Pearl mist. I then stamped the butterfly and cut it out. I have no idea if coffee filters are acid free, so you might not want to use them in scrapbooks, but for cards... beautiful!

 The ribbon is a sheer ribbon that I carefully overheated to make it curl. The flower is from Webster Pages, and the dangling pearl is from an old earring of my Grandmother's who died of cancer years ago. I thought it was fitting. 

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Paper: My Minds Eye, Bazzill, white cardstock
Ink: All Purpose Ink (Truffle, Ash Rose, Burgundy), Archival Ink (Jet Black, Coffee), Distress Ink (Victorian Velvet)
Stamps: Kaisercraft "Devonshire", TPC Studio "Faith Expressions", Tim Holtz "Nature Elements"
Creative Inspirations Paint: Silver Frost
Other: Webster Pages flower, ribbon, earring, Perfect Pearls, coffee filter, Viva Decor Pearl Pen, acrylic paint

Comments