clear gesso and stencils..

Hello my fabulous friends!

Time for another ScrapbookUSA post:

I'm here to share a card I made using DCWV Pumpkin Patch stack.
This stack is a really fun fall stack! I love the rich colors and the great designs!

Sometimes, even when I like a particular patterned paper, I want to step it up a notch.. Here's one fun way to do just that...

Tape a stencil down over your patterned paper. 

Sponge on some clear gesso. I like using my ink blending tool and a foam blending pad to do this, then I just wash out the pad with soap and water and let it dry, then I can reuse the pad. However, you can use a makeup wedge instead if you want.

Once it's dry, apply ink over the paper. 

Use a damp rag to wipe off the ink from the gesso. The gesso acts as a resist and will protect the pattern of the paper in the areas it covers. 

This is a fun way to alter your patterned paper for a little added interest!  

Enjoy!

Supplies Used:
Paper: DCWV Pumpkin Patch, Bazzill
Ink: Distress Ink
Dies: Spellbinders "Hearts One"
Silhouette: Circle Overlap Lace 
Other: Clear Gesso

Comments