rhinestone border...

Dear Jane,
I love you.


I'm here with a project for the ScrapbookUSA Expo! 

The Dear Jane stack from DCWV is BEAUTIFUL! The soft colors with the gold foil is lovely, and it was perfect for this sweet picture of my niece... 


While I was at the ScrapbookUSA expo last spring, someone was looking at Imaginisce's  i-rock and they asked me why anyone would want to spend money on "yet another tool" along with special rhinestones when we can just use glue. 

Obviously this wasn't one of those crafters that just "have" to have all the latest and greatest.... 

Well, heat set rhinestones really do have their place. First... They can be used on fabric. Awesome!

Next, making your own designs is a breeze!
 L.O.V.E!

For my LO, I used my Silhouette to make a rhinestone templet out of paper, then filled it with hot fix rhinestones. I know it sounds tedious, but it isn't. They slip into place fairly easily.

Use your rhinestone heat tool (Like the i-rock) to gently press down on each jewel for a few seconds. This allows the glue to melt. Simple.

Once you have done that, carefully lift up your template. If any of the rhinestones haven't set, or are stuck to the temple, simply lay the template back down and heat it again. 


Imagine glueing each of those babies by hand... 

(ok, so I have done projects where I have glued rhinestones by hand... trust me--- this is faster and easier!)

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies Used:
Paper: DCWV Dear Jane Stack & Card Stock
Ink: Distress Ink, StazOn
Stamps: Basic Grey "Swirlie", Fancy Pants "Pollen Dust", Teresa Collins "Linen"
Flowers: Prima
Silhouette: Ogee Shapes, Echo Park Doily, Artisan Label
Other: Imaginisce Hot Rocks, Perfect Pearls, Resinesense, rhinestones, acrylic paint, gesso, buttons

Comments